ErrorDocument 500 and PHP

Hi

First up, I apologise as this must have been posted before, but the server is so slow I can't search, or even read messages often. I'm using Thunderbird - any tips on how to access news.php.net faster!?

In Apache, I can set "ErrorDocument 404 /myerrorpage.php" and it works. Doing the same but with a 500 error for a PHP script, it doesn't. I just get the PHP error printed on the screen. What I've seen on the net implies to me that PHP does not fully interact with Apache when it generates an error, and therefore this approach will not work. Is this correct?

I just want to redirect to a PHP page on 500 error and run a small script. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
David