Re: Re: Do you trim() usernames and passwords?

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 15:43, Nathan Rixham <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> that's what pkcs12 was invented for, just issue another certificate / key
> pair.

    This thread has really just gone on far too long without the only
correct answer: always use the same username/password for everything,
and always make them as simple as possible so that you can remember
them.  For example, I always use the password 'brown1' for everything
--- all of my servers root passwords, my bank accounts and credit
cards, email addresses, nuclear arsenal, electronic safe containing
all of my ninja swords up in my toddler daughter's room, customer
cPanel accounts, social networking passwords, medical records,
utilities payment sites, credit history, customer's credit cards, the
antidote, the original KFC secret recipe, the key to your heart, the
meaning of life, the true name of ***, the better mousetrap, the cure
for the common cold, the last of the Mohicans, the look on your face,
the way we were, the DeLorean, the secret of nirvana, and all of my
exabytes of pr0n collections.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager