Re: MP3 Player and PHP

On 22 December 2010 15:06, Don Wieland <donw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone recommend a web MP3 player? I need the following options:
>
> 1) Location and Duration of mp3 display (seconds)
> 2) The ability to pass a start and end parameter and play a part of the song
> 3) Loop parameter
> 4) Call to the player to grab the mp3 Location and set it to a field so i
> can insert it via PHP to mySQL
> 5) Work is most popular browsers
>
> Free would be nice but I am will to pay a bit if it offers everything I
> need.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Don
>
> --

For playing MP3s (I have an alert system running in our call centre),
I use SoundManager2. It's a JS library which allows me to play mp3
files. They are controlled by an AJAX orientated request to PHP which
gathers the data and determines what alert needs to be played.

Was first running on IE6.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend