Re: Ways to attend usergroups meeting

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:07,  <vikash.iitb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the link.
> I already been through the given link. But, it is filled with inactive and
> non-responsive groups. I was hoping to get in touch with an active one.

    We don't seem to have any user group events for Mumbai on the
calendar, either.

    If you'd like to start your own group, start by speaking with some
of your fellow PHP users and come up with a date, time, and place to
meet.  Your first meetings don't need any real content --- they can
simply be "mixers" for folks to get together and discuss common
interests.  To get more folks interested, try using social sites like
LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, and don't forget to submit your
meeting details at http://php.net/cal.php.

    After your second or third meeting, you should begin to know how
your group will take shape.  What format will future meetings follow?
Will you have multiple presentations and departments each week, or
will you simply have one topic of discussion and then allow folks to
mingle and trade contact information?  Will you have a two-hour
meeting on the second Tuesday of every month, or a four-hour event
every Saturday?  Figure out what works best for your group and feel
free to reach out via email to other user groups to get some tips on
how they operate.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager