Re: PHPmailer.. best way to send to many recipients?

followup question, please see below the OP:

I just started using PHPmailer for one project that requires SMTP authentication (if I said that right).. and all is well.. but I want to ask now before it might get outta hand later:

How many comma-delim'ed addresses can I stuff in $BCC_recipients before I have problems (need to restructure the design)?

require("php_inc/class.phpmailer.php");
$mail = new PHPMailer();
$BCC_recipients = "xxxx@xxxxxxxx,yyyy@xxxxxxxxxx"; // <---just an example
$arrBCC_recipients = explode(",", $BCC_recipients);
foreach ($arrBCC_recipients as $email2stuffInBCC) {
	$mail->AddBcc($email2stuffInBCC);
}
if(!$mail->Send()) { // problem ....

For now there will be less than 100 Bcc recipients.. but later, more. I don't know if/when it will ever grow past 1,000.

I see from reading on a PHPmailer list that the main concern people expressed from this (above) approach is to not go over limits set by the host/server as to how many emails can go out before being marked as spam. OK, understood. Here I am just asking about the code. I mean does it make any difference in terms of code reliability whether I loop on $mail- >Send() -versus- looping on/concatenating the Bcc addresses?