Re: sending email

On Wednesday 15 December 2010,

Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I use the mail function on a linux server, how is the email sent?

> Does sendmail act alone or does it use SMTP?

sendmail itself (or the replacement install, probably postfix or qmail)

is an MTA itself, so... it do not requires an SMTP server.

You need to use SMTP server, you can try phpmailer, swift mailer and

related packages third party PHP libraries. You will need them, for example,

if your SMTP server requires authentication.

> Thanks

> Marc

Best regards,

--

Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw [at] coder [dot] cl>

System Programmer & Web Developer

Phone: +56 (2) 979-0277 | Blog: http://coder.cl/