Re: Barcode Reader

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:07, Floyd Resler <fresler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They're 2d barcodes.  I did a Google search and really couldn't find anything.  After talking with my boss, though, we decided that this project would probably take too much time and be frustrating for the users.  We're trying to decode barcodes from pictures taken with cell phones.  In testing the images are blurry and probably wouldn't be able to be read. However, if you happen to know of PHP class that could decode 2d barcodes, I'd still be interested in checking it out just in case my boss wants to revisit it.

    It's likely that the only way you could do something like that
would be to screen-read the image you receive, because - even if you
generated the barcode yourself - there are a variety of different
formats and compression algorithms.  Coming from a cell phone, an
image of an image, would be even more difficult.

    That said, there are a variety of free barcode scanners, and most
now handle 2D barcodes (including QR codes), which then translate the
data into a plain string of data, which could then quite easily be
read and managed by PHP, of course.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers, Cloud and Cloud Hybrid Solutions, VPS, Hosting