Fw: Spoofing user_agent

I have wrote a script to generate a sitemap of my web site.  It crawls all of the site web pages.  (About 30,000)

I need help to spoof the user_agent variable so the stats program running in the background ( âAWSTATSâ ) will treat the crawl as a bot, not browsing usage.

The sitemap generator is a cron job.  I tried the syntax:
ini_set('user_agent', 'RonBot (http://www.theverseoftheday.info)'/);

This didnât work.  The browsing was attributed to the dedicated IP address.

How do I get AWSTATS to access this, such as other entries under the âRobots/Spiders visitorsâ heading:
Unknown robot (identified by 'bot*')

I donât mean any ill will by changing this setting.  Thanks for the help.

Ron

The Verse of the Day
âEncouragement from Godâs Wordâ
http://www.TheVerseOfTheDay.info