Re: Can't find existing file

Hi Daniel,
Tell me if this isn't self explanatory:
************
cp ./photos/Nozzle\ 130\ Amp\ SS\ Alum\ 94-00994-06\ 220197.JPG
"./photossized/001196-220197-0.jpg"
cp: ./photos/Nozzle 130 Amp SS Alum 94-00994-06 220197.JPG: No such
file or directory
************
Thanks for trying.  Usually coders can read the error line and some
folks like to see what you have done to attack the problem, hence the
original "ls" line.  I could have omitted the original "Help" at the
bottom.  I didn't think it would confuse anyone by adding it.  And
maybe you haven't seen the "ls" command.

Solving issue #1:  The getimagesize command wants filenames unquoted
and unescaped.  Those quotes were an attempt to handle spaces in the
filename, but ended up introducing the error.

For issue #2, I think you meant "really does exist"; of course my code
is to blame; the script is in the same dir as the photos and
photossized dirs.  Thats what "./aDir" means -- but remember that only
some are failing; cases are preserved; yes, unlikely; the disk has a
lot of space; cp is on the path because "some" work; Obviously it's a
PEBKAC issue, that's why I came to this php list, to get it pointed
out; etc.

Solving issue #2 exec (or rather the shell) wants spaces escaped.  And
yes, some files were there, but the lookup table had single spaces
while the filename being compared had double spaces.