Re: How to protect the source code.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Hans Ãhlin wrote:
>
>  Does any one know if there is any way for me to protect my source code
>> without the requirement of a extension being installed on the server?
>> i.e encryption, obfusicator, script library, compile the code.
>>

> Perhaps it's just me, but I'm completely missing the point of this. How is
> someone going to get your code off of a server?

most likely op intends to distribute code to others which they do not want
to be recognizable yet still be runnable.

one way to cope with this as mentioned before on this list is to provide a
thin api client in non-obfusticated form for an api which houses most of the
proprietary logic on a remote server.

most (all?) of the proposed solutions require installations of non-standard
extensions or runtime environments on the server for clients and that
typically is not realistic.

-nathan