From: "Alejandro Michelin Salomon" <amichelins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Nov 19, 2010 16:13
Subject: RES: [PHP] I am a Windows programmer and getting started on PHP
To: "'Daevid Vincent'" <daevid@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Daevid Vincent:

I never use XAMP and those type of installations.

Is very simple install Apache on windows ( takes 3 minutes ), and php too.

Install php is simples, run the msi package, the installer configures
httpd.conf

Then you make the changes that you need to php.ini and is complete!!!!. (
enable a extension is just cut off ";" in front of the line, in the php.ini,
and restart apache ).

Simples, fast, get up and running apache and php on windows.

If you need mysql, download the mysql server. Run the installer. The
installer configure the database server.

When i start with php ( 4.0x ), apache is configured manually.
Now is automatic.

All the php developers that i know are windows users. OS is not a problem to
use php.
What install a VM to run linux? If i could run php on windows directly?

Alejandro M.S.