APC 3.1.5 never hitting cache - PHP-5.3.3 with APC-3.1.5-beta with Apache under Fedora Core 13

Is this the correct place to ask questions about the APC extension?

I'm evaluating APC. After installation, in my test cases it does not seem to be doing anything. The apc.php reports 1 hit, 1 miss regardless of how many times I hit pages on my site.

I have also attempting to explicitly call apc_compile_file() which seems to work in that the apc.php reports that those files are in the cache. However, after requesting those pages I see no indication in apc.php that APC even noticed the request was handled.

Default Apache 2.2.15 install under Fedora Core 13 using default PHP 5.3.3.

I just installed APC 3.1.5 using "pecl install apc-beta" followed by a restart of the apache daemon.

php.ini:

extension=apc.so
apc.enabled=1
apc.max_file_size=10M
apc.report_autofilter=1
apc.include_once_override=1

I do have xdebug installed but it is commented out/disabled in php.ini.

My simple test case is:

include file: apc_test_include.php

<?php

function included_function( $msg )
	{
	print("<h1>$msg</h1>");
	}

?>

requested file: apc_test.php

<?php

print("<H1>This is a test</h1>" );

include_once( "./apc_test_include.php" );

included_function( "test123" );

?>

Load apc_test.php a few times.
In the Per Directory Entries in apc.php, I see the directory these files are in listed and correctly lists two files but I expect to see the Total Hits column for the directory these files are in to increase when I load the apc_test.php page but it does not.

What am I missing?

Yermo Lamers                                        DTLink, LLC
Software Developer & Entrepreneur         http://www.dtlink.com

   http://collabinvest.net - Social Networking for Investors
http://formvista.com - Entrepreneurs CMS and Business Platform