RE: Template engines

From: Daniel P. Brown

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 08:51, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Yeah, that and some Gateway with a Common Interface.
>

>     So any language that could pre-process pre-hypertext would either
> have the unique ability to foresee the future, the mundane ability to
> "pre-process" plain text (or request headers or anything prior to the
> data being classified as hypertext), or the disconcerting ability to
> modify reality as we know it.  And why bother to do that when you
> could just <%= go elsewhere. %>? ;-P

One of the items at the top of our wish list for over two decades has
been a pre-causal response generator. Processing time for transactions
on point of sale systems has always been an issue for us, so we wanted
to have the response message ready before the transaction arrived. The
next item on that list is a neural interface specifically designed for
developers. Unfortunately, neither of those technologies has
materialized.

>     (It's felt like Friday all day.)

It still feels like Monday here.

Bob McConnell