Re: Template engines

At 11:38 AM -0500 11/9/10, Robert Cummings wrote:
On 10-11-09 11:18 AM, tedd wrote:
At 10:57 AM -0500 11/9/10, Robert Cummings wrote:
On 10-11-09 10:42 AM, tedd wrote:

I don't have to try them all, just the most popular. If the most
popular doesn't work for me, then I don't need to try any others.

That's all well and good, but the argument being used is a
generalization which at best is wrong. I don't care what you use,
but FUD doesn't help anything.

Cheers,
Rob.

I disagree and what I said is not FUD.

If we took the time to *not* generalize, then we would be up to our
collective butts in evaluations of everything, while getting nothing
accomplished.

Generalization is a way to navigate the massive amounts of data we
are bombarded with each day. Do I want to spend/waste time evaluating
all templates to the nth degree? I think not.

Instead, I research ideas and see if they meet with my way of doing
things. If they do, then I incorporate them into my method -- if not,
then I pass.

I have changed my methods many times to accommodate new technologies
and new ways of doing things, but that does not mean that I always
incorporate everything that comes along. Templates are one of those
things that do not fit in my way of doing things and I do not need to
investigate all template systems to arrive at that conclusion. As
such, there is nothing wrong with my evaluation method for it works
for me.

I think the key quote here is "your way". Others will certainly have different mileage (as has already been expressed), thus your generalization still rings false. It's only a generalization for you and others of like mind... which is terribly partisan :)

Cheers,
Rob.

And, in this case, "your way" is to disagree with "my way". :-)

In the end, we all have our methods of navigating information. If we didn't we wouldn't be as far along as we are.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------