Chinese words on a PHP web page

Iâm writing a program that allows the user to click the flag and the test will change to that language and display.

Iâm trying to convert from English to Chinese using characters such as â ÃÂâÃÂÅâ The browser interprets these into, in this case, Japanese but my code needs to display in Chinese.

The internet is giving all kinds of code to convert from English into the Chinese language.

I need to put in Unicode characters that the browser will make the final change into Chinese words. Iâm using define("CHARSET","UTF-8");

So the question is how does one enter Chinese Unicode??

Thanks,

..../Ernie