Re: Receiving Live data

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 19:10, Cameron Mc Gorian <cameron@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to find out if it is possible to receive live data using PHP and MySQL. I have am developing a website that will allow user to input data which will then be inserted into a MySQL database.
>
> What I want to do is when some one is viewing a page and new information has been inserted into the MySQL database it can trigger a notification letting the viewer know instead of them having to refresh the page to view new data.
>
> Any help would be appreciated and if this is not the correct list please advise where I should start looking.

    Sure.  What you want to do would best be achieved using AJAX
polling.  As for the list, you'll get faster (and more focused)
answers on the PHP General list (CC'd here), to which you can
subscribe by filling out the form at http://php.net/mailinglists or
sending a blank email to php-general-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
</Daniel P. Brown>