Re: Character encoding hell

> Where is the filename coming from? Is it hard-coded in the script or is your
> script reading it from a directory listing?

The filename is being read from the file via scandir().  File created
on Windows, transferred to *nix.

> Have you checked to see if that filename is what you think it is on the
> Linux server?

The character is shown as a question mark in putty.  I've tried
forcing a UTF-8 font to make sure it's not a rendering issue but it
didn't seem to make a difference.  I'm not convinced the encoding
changed, though.

> Was Apache the web server both times, or was iis used on windows? If it was,
> look for any errant .htaccess files causing problems.

Both are apache.

> Lastly, what happens if you directly request that file from with the browser
> itself, without php scripts in the equation.

If I request the file directly from the Windows server, it opens Adobe
Acrobat.  If I request the same file directly from the Linux server, I
get the 404 File Not Found.

Marc