Re: Storing Social Security Number WAS: Encryption/Decryption Question

I have an idea.

First create a master key that the ssn ar encrypted with.
Store the master key encrypted with a key accessible by users (mksk).
Every user stores the key (mksk) to decrypt the (master key) and the mksk
should be ecrypted with there password as key.

And when a new user is created the system uses the mksk that the the admin
who create the user uses.

This has the advantage that you can re-encrypt the ssn table and the only
key you have to change is the master key.

 Hans Åhlin
   Tel: +46761488019
   icq: 275232967
   http://www.kronan-net.com/