RE: Storing Social Security Number WAS: Encryption/Decryption Question

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 09:45 -0400, tedd wrote:

> At 5:30 PM -0700 8/11/10, Daevid Vincent wrote:

If you are storing the data in a DB, then I'd consider using different
levels of access to that via different DB users, which should offer an
extra layer of security in protecting the data.

In the UK, I believe you are allowed to store details such as these in
an online system, but the whole server itself has to pass a PCI check,
which ensures that various server modules are up-to-date, etc, which
should hopefully block another hole or two.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk