Re: Quotes vs. Single Quote

At 8:31 AM -0400 08/06/10, tedd wrote:

Cheers,

tedd

PS: Considering that this is Friday. I have a grammar question for the group. I said above:

"neither CSS, PHP, or any web language exist in a vacuum."

Is the word "neither" appropriate in this sentence?

Normally, two items can be compared by "neither" or "nor", but what about more than two items? Is it appropriate to use "neither" or "nor" for more than two items?

Somewhere along the line, probably in college (if it were before college, it would have been so long ago I would have forgotten it), a professor said to handle this sort of thing thusly:

neither A, nor B, nor C ....

A little more wordy, but completely unambiguous.