displaying and updating records in a form

Hello,
Not sure if this went out, apologies if this is a double post.
I'm having difficulty tying something together. I'm wanting to display
a record from a database in a form, information from the various
fields in the database goes in to their coresponding fields in the
form, for example address field of the database goes in to the address
field of the form etc. If I then edit and resubmit that same form the
field or fields edited and only them will be updated. I'd like this to
be all in one file.
This tells me I need three queries, one a method to display records
for selection and editing which I have, the second to select the
specific record based on the ID in this case and to put that in the
form which isn't working the form display part, and the third to
update any altered fields which I don't have.
If anyone has code like this i'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Dave.