RE: the state of the PHP community

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 08:32 -0400, Mike Roberts wrote:

> Hello All. I have been given advice on how to remove myself from this
> list, and taken it. I have tried on my own to discover how to remove
> myself from this list. I have even ( something I am not proud of) hinted
> that I might start irrelevant threads of conversation so you will ban
> me. Unfortunately a look in my 'deleted items' folder shows all the
> daily messages just thrown in there..... Isn't there somebody who is
> responsible who instead of giving advice ( that never seems to work) can
> simply remove me from the distribution list, delete me or whatever?  Yes
> I signed up intentionally so I could understand a technology that I was
> recruiting for, and yes it was helpful, but that was 2007 and I think it
> is time for us to break up.
>
> So IF YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO REMOVE ME "Make it so number one!".
> Thanks
>

>  Sincerely,
>
>  Michael Roberts
> Executive Recruiter
>  Corporate Staffing Services
>  150 Monument Road, Suite 510
>  Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
>  P 610-771-1084
>  F 610-771-0390
>  E mroberts@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Check out my recent feature article in Professional Surveyor 12/09
> edition.
> http://www.profsurv.com/magazine/article.aspx?i=70379

I don't meant to insult your intelligence, but are you sure you've tried
to remove the same address you signed up with? From what I can tell,
historically people have had problems where the email address they are
now receiving emails on is not the same one they signed up with, due to
some email forwarding trickery. Try looking at the email headers to see
if it was a forward?

I'm not sure there's a someone in-charge of managing who is on the list
and who isn't, I believe it's all automated. Simple sending a blank
email (not sure if the signature should be removed or not) to the email
address found in the headers on the emails from the list should do it,
or failing that, I believe there's a form on the php.net website itself.

On aside-note, I commend you for researching something you were
recruiting for. I've been given mis-matched job posts before by
recruiters who clearly didn't do what you did, which resulted in a lot
of wasted time on both our parts when we both realised.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk