RE: Does class length slow down performance

[snip]
> So you think that a length of 850 lines won't lead to a performance
> problem?

No, I don't think there will be problems. I also think the only way
you'll ever find out whether it *will* be a problem in your system is
by testing.
[/snip]

^this to the max

[snip]
> The site is not online yet. I just wanted to know when to split a
class
> and if there are performance problems with to long classes.
[/snip]

I will try to find some good links for you but there is one book that I
can whole-heartedly recommend (I have all of my younger, um, less
experienced programmers read it);

Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596008673/

It is a quick read, the exercises are fun and even though they focus on
Java the principles apply across al OOP languages.

As for splitting a class it doesn't matter the size of the class as long
as the class does one thing and does it really well. We have some very
large classes (remember - you are trying to describe an object and all
of the methods for that object) and some very small (under 25 lines
including comments) classes. The one characteristic that sticks out is
that they all do one thing really well.

http://www.wdvl.com/Authoring/Scripting/Tutorial/objects.html (I am
starting you a few pages into the article) is a good basic discussion of
OOP.