Question about SQL and Graph nodel trees

I cannot be the only one that is having this problem, what are you using for DAG (Direct Acrylic Graph)?  I need to have a mesh node edge graph and am having trouble with this?  I see that Neo4j has a rest server and I can do this in Java but I want to do it in PHP with a MYSQL or postgresql.  If you are doing something like this, can you please tell me how you are doing this.  I can do a relationship with a parent child or a nested tree, but I need to do a DAG.

Thanks for the help,
timgerr