Re: access violation

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 9:54 AM, SteveW <Stevewarby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have various database / php apps running on a hosted windows machine.
>
> All apps run ok.
>
> We have installed a windows 2003 server machine and the apps run fine.
> However if 2 users hit the Search button at the same time we get a PHP
> access violation and I have to restart IIS.
>
> This is not happening on the hosted service.
>

> Where do I start to trace this error please?
>

> Cheers
>

> SteveW

We had frequent access violations using Windows/IIS/SQL Server, but
there was no observable pattern and we never were able to trace it to
a specific cause. It did seem to be related to traffic/load, but it
wasn't as specific as simply having two simultaneous requests. Often
the error messages would begin to appear intermittently, but
eventually the server would freeze to the point that any request
parsed by PHP would throw an access violation.

We changed things around based on advice we found on the web and have
found the following to be pretty stable:

PHP: fast-cgi instead of the ISAPI (even though the manual was still
recommending ISAPI)
Database library: Microsoft SQL Server driver for PHP
Cache: WinCache

Since we settled on these items, things have been pretty stable.

Andrew