Re: handing over data between two PHP connections

On Jul 18, 2010, at 3:27 PM, tobias.mueller13@xxxxxx wrote:

Hello everybody

For a science project I am working on a mechanism that hands over data from a smartphone to a web-browser (=Internet PC). Both connect to a PHP server. The PHP server has to receive the data (=some kind of an URL) on the smartphone end and deliver it to the browser end.

Up to now there have been two (working) implementations. One using the filesystem the other one using a MySQL Database. The data coming up from the smartphone is stored in a file/table and some seconds later sent down to the browser.

My question: is it possible to implement this mechanisms just with PHP methods? I can't think of such a method but need to be sure.

Tank you in advance.

Have a good evening,
Tobias

What I would do is have the smartphone send some unique identifier along with its data. For the browser I would have the page refresh at certain time interval, calling a PHP script to see if any data is available for the smartphone's ID. If you did want the page to keep reloading, you could use AJAX.

Take care,
Floyd