Re: MSSQL failing.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Paul Halliday <paul.halliday@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there something that needs to be tweaked or added to get this to
> work? I am trying to connect to server 2008 w/ MS SQL 2008. I can see
> the connections fail in the servers event logs if I take away \domain
> from \domain\username (mixed auth is turned off) so the communication
> is somewhat working.
>
> What am I missing?

Is the slash before the domain name above just a typo in your e-mail?
It took a while to get mssql configured to where I could test it here
since we're using Microsoft's SQL Server Driver for PHP (if you are
running PHP under Windows, I'd strongly recommend this over the old
mssql library anyway), but this worked:

<?php

$hostname = 'hostname:1433';

$username = 'DOMAIN\Username';
$password = 'password';

$conn = mssql_connect($hostname, $username, $password) or die('Unable
to connect');

var_dump($conn);

?>

Andrew