From: Juan Rodriguez Monti <juan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 16. cervna 2010 20:26
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  User's IP Validation

Hi people,
I would like to know the best way to perform some kind of validation
for an application that I've written.

I have a system that ask through an HTML Form some questions to users.
I use some cookies to save some information from the user side.

However, I would like to implement some code in PHP that would let me
limit to 1 the number of times that the page with the questions was
executed.

I mean, the user fills the HTML's Form, then send it through an HTML
Button, then PHP receives this informations and send an Email
containing the replies to the questions. I would like to limit to one,
the times one single user is able to execute this form.

I thought getting the IP Address, then doing some kind of validation
with it. However I don't know if using cookies is the best idea. I
don't have access to a DataBase for this. So I thought might be a good
idea write to a file in the server the IP, then perform some if to
know if the user already replied the form.

As far as I don't know which is the best way to code this, I felt free
to ask you guys.

Thanks a lot.

Juan