Re: export from one server to another

On 16 June 2010 09:42, Merlin Morgenstern <merlin_x@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>> slightly modified wsdl2php class from sourceforge to create my client
>> classes for our own service, rather than manually creating them, as a
>> proof of concept. So wsdl2java, wsdl2net (if such things exist) would
>> do a similar job.
>>
>> For us, the biggest advantage of SOAP over say REST was that SOAP is a
>> documented standard (with all its faults). We can supply a single
>> document which is man and machine readable and fully describes our
>> service. Admittedly, we used the Zend SOAP, WSDL and AutoDiscovery
>> classes for all of this, so really, we did VERY little in terms of
>> creating the SOAPy bits.
>>
>> We have an Authentication service and then a series of services which
>> retrieve and supply data. We incorporated version control into all the
>> classes. So, V1 is where we are today. As we increase functionality,
>> we can incorporate a "superseded by" mechanism, which the end-user can
>> take into account if they so wish. The WSDL file will have the latest
>> info, they can re-generate their classes from the WSDL file and then
>> take advantage of the new functionality.
>>
>> If we find a problem which essentially breaks the contract, we can
>> kill a version. And if if has a superseded by, we are again,
>> automatically informing the client of the newer code.
>>
>> Add to that live (default), test (we think this is what you asked for)
>> and dev (this is where we are at the moment if you really want to see
>> something) requests for a particular version. As dev becomes test, the
>> dev is "killed" and "superseded by" the test and then the same for the
>> test -> live (with test's not being killed).
>>
>> So. A simple enough setup, but allows us to move at our own pace in
>> terms of further development, allows us to incorporate requests and
>> bespoke requests to meet the needs of our partners ... all good. And
>> it was good fun doing this. Admittedly, there were a few bugs in the
>> Zend code I had to fix (all patches have been supplied but awaiting
>> someone to commit them to the code).
>>
>> Richard.
>>
>> --
>> -----
>> Richard Quadling
>> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
>> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
>> EE4Free : http://www.experts-exchange.com/becomeAnExpert.jsp
>> Zend Certified Engineer :
>> http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
>> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling
>>

> They have PHP already installed as most of them are using PHPBB or
> another Forum Software.
> How could I allow them to upload XML directly to my server? I could
> provide them with a username and pw on the suse system, but then we have
> the problem that scp must be enabled inside their php version. Same
> problem again like with ftp.
>
> I am searching for a solution which will allow a standard php
> installation to transfer the xml file to my server with login and pw.

You can use a simple html form with a file upload. No extensions or
special permissions required for that.

If the form is loaded via https - that proves to THEM who you are. But
for this, you would need to buy a certificate (never done this - not
sure what/how/cost/etc.).

They provide a username and password first so you don't end up having
to receive a MASSIVE file BEFORE you have validated their credentials.

There is a detailed file upload explanation/example in the PHP manual
at http://docs.php.net/file%20upload - Make sure you read through all
5 sections here to get the full info. The user notes are also very
interesting.

--
-----
Richard Quadling