Re: Re: [PHP-WEBMASTER] Web Service Problem

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Richard Quadling <rquadling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> REST is a concept, not a protocol (as I understand it), so you cannot
> just create a service and supply a contract file. You have to document
> the service in some other way and then the users have to write all the
> code.

I know it's a concept, but using that concept as the "language" or
"data transport" and the data format being JSON. I could try to map
these to OSI model or TCP/IP model levels but I can't be bothered. I
just find SOAP to be too bloated and an annoyance to work with.

I mean, technically, a SOAP request is "RESTful" too since it can use
POST or GET... but I don't like to consider it RESTful :)