Re: protecting email addresses on a web site

On 14/06/2010 22:51, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

<snip>

> It's not my requirement, it's been a legal requirement in the UK for 3
> years now.
>
> http://www.calmdesign.co.uk/articles/Website_legal_requirements/?id=16
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Hi,

Further to this the actual regulation is here:

	http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/20022013.htm

The relevant line from this:

6(c) the details of the service provider, including his electronic mail
address, which make it possible to contact him rapidly and communicate
with him in a direct and effective manner;

It must be stressed that these laws were written before spam became 90%+
of all email communication (2002). So I suspect it could be argued that
a contact form can be allowed to bypass your normal email spam checking
and is therefore a quicker way to communicate effectively.

IANAL ;)

Regards

Ian