Re: PHP on command line -- mysql_connect error

On 14 June 2010 21:58, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 21:36 +0530, Ferdi wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>
> My config is XAMPP 1.7.2 with PHP 5.3.0
>
> I'm trying to run a php script as a cron job. The same script works
> perfectly from the browser, but fails when I try it from the command line
> (not yet set it up as cron).
>
> I get the following error:
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
> /opt/lampp/htdocs/CS/weekly_email_report.php on line 3
>
> I tried using dl('mysql.so') before the mysql_connect, but to no avail, I
> get:
>
> PHP Warning:  dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory in
> /opt/lampp/htdocs/CS/weekly_email_report.php on line 2
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
> /opt/lampp/htdocs/CS/weekly_email_report.php on line 3
>
> In general many functions that work when the page is accessed from the
> browser, fail on the command line. I tried setting extension=mysql.so in
> both the php.ini files (the one used by the web server and the one used by
> the command line (/etc/php.ini, correct??), though not simultaneously)
>
> Any pointers??
>
> TIA
> Ferdi
>

> It sounds that maybe you have two different setups of PHP or that the CLI
> isn't using the same php.ini as the server module. What happens if you run a
> phpinfo() from the CLI? Do you get the output you expect? You should see the
> php.ini location as being the same as the server module. If not, you can
> pass the location of the php.ini in with the command line arguments.
>
> If you have two different installations of PHP (which some people tend to
> do) then you might need to make sure the right modules are installed on
> both.
>
> Try the ini thing first and see if that fixes the issue.
>
>   Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
>

>   Hi List,

When I read Ashley's reply, I figured why not use the other php interpreter?
The one the web server uses? It worked :-). Thanks Ashley.

Just for academic interest, I have put up the output of phpinfo I get with
the command line php interpreter at pastebin. This still does not work, but
that's immaterial now.

Find it at: http://pastebin.com/XL50eBFm

Regards,
Ferdi