RE: Select Values Didn't Get Passed in From Two Different Forms

From: Alice Wei

> On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 15:41 -0400, Alice Wei wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:40:44 -0400
>> Subject: Re:
> Select Values Didn't Get Passed in From Two Different Forms
>>
> From: marc.guay@xxxxxxxxx
>> To: ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

> > I would like to take those values away into my third form, which
> is what you
>> > see with the hidden. If they are not populated,
>  then how come I could see
>> > the drop down menus?
>>

>  So you're expecting the values selected in the first two forms to
>>
>  populate the values of the hidden fields in the third form?  Why not
>>
>  wrap the whole thing in a single form?  Do test_getrss.php and
>>
> test_getrss2.php perform anything useful or are they just hanging
>>
>  around?
>
> No, the fields are populated in the first and second
> form, form1 and form2. What I want to do is to get the selections from

> both forms and pass them on to the third. Does this make sense? For
some
>  reason, the text input and the semester drop down menu result can be
> passed to process.php, but the results that I try to select from the
> first and second does not. So, the form is not passing the results of
> what I had from the radio button selections.

Alice,

What you seem to be missing is that the browser, by design, will only
send the fields in the form that was submitted. If you want to change
that you need to either replace the browser with one you modified to act
the way you want, or change the page to combine all of the forms into
one. You can try to work around it using Javascript, but that will only
work for people that don't know enough to disable that primary infection
vector for malware.

Bob McConnell