Re: [GENERAL] [PHP] Some undefined function errors

you might want to also check your architecture flags for your compiler.

i ran into this problem on a mac when I was compiling php and by default it tries to make a 32 bit and 64 bit binary, but pg was compiled as 64 bit only.  I found that the php compile did not fail, but i was "missing" some functions just like you.  when I recompiled php only 64 bit everything was picked up.

I found that watching the configure output gave indication as to whether or not certain functions will be picked up:

PQescapeString
PQunescapeBytea
PQsetnonblocking
PQcmdTuples
PQoidValue
PQclientEncoding
PQparameterStatus
PQprotocolVersion
PQtransactionStatus
PQexecParams
PQprepare
PQexecPrepared
PQresultErrorField
PQsendQueryParams
PQsendPrepare
PQsendQueryPrepared
PQputCopyData
PQputCopyEnd
PQgetCopyData
PQfreemem
PQsetErrorVerbosity
PQftable
PQescapeStringConn
PQescapeByteaConn
pg_encoding_to_char

If you see these thigns set to NO even after PostgreSQL support says yes, then you know you wont be getting all the functions.

Ketema J. Harris
ketema@xxxxxxxxxx
ketema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jabber)
http://www.ketema.net