Re: Displaying errors

On 05/16/2010 05:21 PM, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
On 05/16/2010 05:09 PM, Malka Cymbalista wrote:
Hi all, we are running Apache 2.2.6 and PHP 5.2.6 on a Linux machine.
If someone gets an error when displaying a php web page, he does not
get any error message on the screen. The arror is written into the
apache error log file, but most users don't have access to the apache
error logand i would like the user to see the error on the screen.
Is there anything I can do?
thanks for any help.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
malki.cymbalista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08-934-3036

In php.ini, set error_reporting = On

Note if you override that somewhere, then change it at the overriding
point. Also, there may be some application specific setting, like in
Drupal, you can configure whether the errors are written to the dblog or
dblog and screen.

Oops oops oops. I put the wrong setting, change display_errors to On.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator