Re: PHP Site with CSS and Internet Explorer

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 10:30 -0300, Juan Rodriguez Monti wrote:

> I guys,
> I'm having some problems with the following.
>
> I have a PHP Site working perfectly with HTML and CSS. The CSS runs
> flawlessly in Firefox and Google Chrome. However, I'm having some
> problems with Internet Explorer.
>
> I'm not able to show it centered ( the .css is to show centered
> content ) in any version of Internet Explorer. The CSS's Code is
> available here[0].
>
> Might be this is an Off-Topic question, however is closely related to
> my PHP development.
>
> If you know some hack or modification that I should do to make this
> site compatible with IE, I would appreciate it a lot.
>
> Thanks,
> Juan
>
> [0] http://pastebin.com/eLhz2CzM

Well, you haven't given a link to the site or mentioned what CSS you've
used, so I can only guess.

The traditional way to center an item (horizontally only) is to use
'margin: auto;' and give the element a width. This only works when the
parent element is a block level element with a width that is greater
than that of the object you are trying to center.

This will work in all the major browsers that support CSS.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk