Re: Multiple Login in a single PC should not be possible

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Jagdeep Singh <jagsaini1982@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I am looking for a solution, I want a user to do a single Login only on a PC
> .
>
> E.g. If a User has logged on my website website.com in Internet explorer,
> then he cant login on same website in another browser like Firefox etc with
> same loginid or another.
>
> Can I trace MAC address of a single machine to solve this issue?
>
> Or is there a concept of GLOBAL COOKIE / Cross Browser Cookie which will
> work for all browsers in a single machine..
>
> I hope You will help me out
>

> Regards
>
> Jagdeep Singh

I usually store the sessions in a database table that includes a
column for the user identity (username, e-mail address, etc.) and then
simply log out any previous "active" sessions any time a new session
logs in by deleting (or marking inactive) any rows for the same
identity whose session_id does not match the current session_id. That
ensures that users can have no more than one active session at a time.

Andrew