Re: Multiple Login in a single PC should not be possible

Jagdeep Singh wrote:
Hi,
yes, I can make a databse table to record LOGIN details, But I want that
No other user can login on same machine on smae or another browser.
E.g.
If user1 has logged in from IE then user2 should not login from Firefox
or Chrome etc..
I need ONLY ONE USER ACCESS AT SAME TIME ON SAME MACHINE  (On Same or
Other broswers)

I'm doing almost exactly that on my CMS system. But we have the advantage that it is intranet, so we can cleanly identify the machines. Once a counter position is in use no one else can log in to that machine, and while loged in there a user can't login again. We can't easily add a 'timeout' since some interviews can take over an hour and the position remains locked for the whole period, but supervisor access allows a 'stuck user' to be bounced so they can log in again.

If you don't have such control over the machines, then you may need to do a little more work to build up a list of 'active machines' in parallel with the 'active user' table.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL