Re: Append Dom Document

> I am not sure what you mean in your second point, but I can explain the
> first one. I am using PHP to parse RSS feeds, so that is why they all look
> the same.

wow thats hilarious, you can see how little ive worked w/ rss feeds, read
*none*

> Or, what do you mean here? I checked out your example, but my problem here
> is that I cannot get the XML Dom document to append when I make a new
> selection. I am hoping that it would create a new sub document of some sort
> beneath the new one, instead of overwriting the entire document.

umm, i dont see you making any modifications to the original document,
$xmlDoc in your code.  thats why i suggested simple xml, its the go-to imo
if all you need to do is traverse an existing document.  DOM is much better
if you need to edit the document.  having said that if you wanted to append
a new DOMNode to an existing one, you would use the appendChild() method.

> Am I making sense here?

no because youre not editing the DOMDocument in your code, youre just
reading a document; what is getting overwritten here?  im not entirely sure
what youre trying to accomplish.

-nathan