RE: regexp questions

> From: ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: spudmixe@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 21:43:54 +0100
> Subject: RE:  regexp questions
>
> On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 22:45 +0200, Spud. Ivan. wrote:
>

> > I think we've not so much only with the regex, but maybe you can tell me somethin helpful ;)
> >
> > /Word1:<\/a><\/h4>\(<a href=\"http:\/\/www.thiswebsite.com\/some-script.php\">fir.*?st word.*?(.*)Word2:<\/a><\/h4><ul>(.*)Second word:<\/a><\/h4><ul>(.*)Word3:<\/a><\/h4><ul>(.*)rd word/is
> >
> > Thanks.
> > I.Lopez.
> >

> > On 05/11/2010 09:56 AM, Spud. Ivan. wrote:
> > >
> > > But it doesn't explain why my regexps work fine within php 5.1 but 5.3
> > >
> > > Ivan.
> > >

> > Post a regex and what you think it should match but doesn't.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks!
> > -Shawn
> > http://www.spidean.com
> >
> > --

> > Disfruta de Messenger y Hotmail en tu BlackBerry ¡Hazlo ya!
> > http://serviciosmoviles.es.msn.com/messenger/blackberry.aspx
>

> What are you trying to match the regex against?
>
> Also, I've noticed you've used a lot of periods (.) where it looks like
> you intended a literal period to be matched. In regular expressions,
> periods match any character expect the newline, so "www.thiswebsite.com"
> would also match the string "www_thiswebsite_com".
>

> Ps, please try not to top post, as it disrupts the zen flow of the
> list! :)
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Ok I'm sorry for top posting ;)

Sure, I know that . match any character, but only one and It doesn't matter to me if it's . or _ , it's ok I think.

The problem is that if I test it in a small string, it works, but if I take the 30kb html source, it only works with php versions older than 5.2

So, I think you wan't not to test the regexp within the original file, (or yes? :) )

I.Lopez.

Diseñar aplicaciones tiene premio. ¡Si eres desarrollador no esperes más!
http://www.imaginemobile.es