RE: PHP Application Structre

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 13:15 +0200, Arno Kuhl wrote:

> [...]

Personally, I go with option 3 (as Arno said, option 2 isn't really an
alternative option, it's something you can use with either 1 or 3)

Consider a basic website with a small shopping cart and a blog. It would
seem crazy to have all the logic needed for the blog and the cart being
pulled in by PHP everytime you just needed to display a contact page.
Far easier to keep everything a bit more modular. That way, if you need
to update something, you update only a small part of the site rather
than some huge core file.

But, if your needs are even more simple, say it's just a very small
brochure website you have, then running everything through a single
index.php might not be such a bad idea.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk