Re: Can't find my error

On Thursday 06 May 2010 20:49:47 Jason Pruim wrote:
> On May 5, 2010, at 9:02 PM, David McGlone wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 May 2010 13:12:58 Dan Joseph wrote:

> >> LOL sometimes a second set of eyes is required.  We've all been in
> >> your
> >> shoes!
> >
> > True. I need to learn to ask for help, but I don't want to fall into
> > the habit
> > of taking it for granted. I'm still learning so I need to try my
> > hardest
> > before I go getting an answer.
>
> Hey David,
>
> As a budding PHP developer (Been doing it off and on for the past 4
> years now.. Mostly off though...) I got some great advice early on
> from tedd sperling... When I have a problem that I can't fix... I sit
> down and write the e-mail to the list... Thinking through all the info
> that might be helpful to help debug it... What I've tried, what I"m
> expecting... Things of that nature...
>
> Usually by the time I'm done writing the e-mail I'e figured out the
> problem... Not always but once I get done with writing it, if I still
> can't figure it out I don't feel so bad hitting send and lighting up
> everyones inboxes with my mindless drivel :P

That makes sense. If I carefully think about what Tedd said, I see it this
way: when writing the E-Mail it will take us mentally through the steps as we
are typing them and it will probably get us to realize where it went wrong.

I got sortof a joke I thought about a little while ago, it goes something like
this:

"This list works like a team, and there is no "i" in team."

I'm pretty sure the ones who helped me figure this one out will find the humor
in that one. :-)

--
Blessings,
David M.