Re: Re: Really impressive work

At 9:43 PM -0400 5/5/10, Robert Cummings wrote:
Nathan Rixham wrote:
tedd wrote:
Hi gang:

I found something that really impressed me -- please review this:

http://palomarjewelry.com/product/id/19/collectionId/1/typeId/3

-snip-
I would use PNGs with alpha transparencies. You have X images with the appropriate positions and then you just overlay an alpha transparency PNG in the correct spot via CSS. Pretty simple actually. Relative position the ring, absolute position the stone relative to the ring. Even IE6 will support this with pngfix.js. Viewing the page media in Firefox though shows they are generating it server side though.

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob:

Yes, that's what I observed as well. The only way I could think they did it was to pull the positions for the overlays from a database. My inquiry was only to check if something new had emerged.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------