Re: classes and variables

You do not need to access $DB as a global variable

Since $db_database is a property of search_helper, you can initialize it by
passing a value via the constructor like this

class search_helper extends AjaxACApplication
{
     protected $db_database;

     public function __construct($database_name)
     {
           $this->db_database = $database_name;
     }

    public function setDbName($database_name)
    {
           $this->db_database = $database_name;
    }

    public function sayDbName()
    {
         echo "The database name is " . $this->db_database;
    }
}

This should allow you to do this

$helper = new search_helper($DB);

Later on you can also change the database name like this

$helper->setDbName($newDB);

This should state what the database name is

$helper->sayDbName();