Re: Any One See where this is going wrong?

"Adam Richardson" <simpleshot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>  $sqlStatements = "INSERT INTO guns (manufacturer, type, model, caliber,
>>
> condition, price, description, image_file_name, available) VALUES
>
> ('$manufacturer',
>> '$type',
>> '$model','$caliber','$condition','$price','$description','$image_file_name','$available');
>
> INSERT INTO images(id, image_file) VALUES ('', '$image_file')";
>

> Gary, the second insert has what appears to be a troublesome bit of code:
>
> VALUES ('', '$image_file')";
>
> Shouldn't it read:
>
> INSERT INTO images(image_file) VALUES ('$image_file')";
>
> That's assuming you have id set to auto-increment, so no id in the first
> or
> second set of parentheses.  Additionally, the ", before the $image_file
> var
> would cause issues, too.
>
> Adam
> --
> Nephtali:  PHP web framework that functions beautifully
> http://nephtaliproject.com

> signature database 5078 (20100501) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Adam

The second INSERT is part of a multi_query, and yes there is a
auto-increment field in front named id,  it is the foreign key that links
the tables.

I had removed, and just tried again, but the same result.

I have tried it so many ways my fingers and eyes are about to bleed. It
makes not sense how it works in one but not the other.

I cant see to get the error called out.

Thanks again.

Gary

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5078 (20100501) __________