Re: auto indentation

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 23:25 -0400, Paul M Foster wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:29:33PM -0400, David McGlone wrote:

> > > I use PHPEclipse for this.  It's not Eclipse with PDT, it's PHP Eclipse:
> > >
> > > http://www.phpeclipse.com/
> > >
> > > The code formatter built into that formats my code when I hit
> > > Ctrl+Shift+F.  No other code formatter works as well for what I've
> > > found.  Many formatters just indent, this one will reformatt by putting
> > > brackets up or down, and reindent all the code to fit my coding standards.
> > >
> > > Project is getting a little old, though and doesn't yet support PHP 5.3
> > > syntax, but it's still the best I've found.
> >
> > I haven't tried this one. I am just so stuck on Kate. I've tried a ton of
> > editors and Kate is simply the best one for me hands down.
>
> I have to say, back in the day when I used a GUI editor, Kate was the
> best I found.
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul M. Foster

It has the useful ability to split the screen into as many parts and
have different documents open in each one, and sessions that you can use
to save the split screen layout and all the documents you had open. It
doesn't have true code completion, it just auto hints based on what has
already been typed into the current document. The spellchecker is useful
too, but it isn't code-aware, so keeps suggesting the 'correct' spelling
for function names!

I do love it though. I've been using KDE for years too, the interface
just seems more modern and intuitive than on Gnome, although I might
give Gnome 3 a whirl when that gets released.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk