Re: CURL cannot connect to URL - IP address - after successful connection

On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 22:17 +0900, ioannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I can return a target page - once, but then on refresh within a few
> hours the script curl_error is that it cannot connect to the host and
> return is empty.  The target URL is an ip address, not a named url, so
> maybe it has something to do with DNS.  I am on a shared server.  Any
> ideas on why this happens?
>
> John

No, DNS is a Domain Named Server used to turn a domain name into an IP
address. As you say you're using an IP address directly, it won't go
near DNS.

Are there any messages in the logs that would give more specific
information?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk