Re: Question: Farsi characters showing as jibberish

On 24 April 2010 16:07, Parham Doustdar <parham90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ashley and Michiel,
>
> It appears it is something in Apache or my server program on Windows (I am
> using Uniform Server; a portable webserver from
> http://www.uniformserver.com). The reason I got to such a conclusion is
> this:
>
> 1. I uploaded the pHP file to a free hosting website. Here is the URL:
> http://blindmoviebuff.uphero.com/test2.php
>
> 2. I put the same page in my www folder in Windows. Here's the address to
> that:
> http://parham-d.dyndns.org/test2.php
>
> As you can see, the page on uphero.com displays without any encoding
> changes
> required by you, whereas the second has to be manual (for some reason).

-snip-

Actually, both of these work fine for me. I don't have to manually set the
encoding to get the Farsi characters to show up in either of these links.
I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. Maybe you should try a different
browser to make sure it isn't a cached setting. Adding the header() call
that Ashley suggested also seems like a good idea.

Michiel