Re: Structured PHP studying

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 07:15 -0400, David McGlone wrote:

> Is there a good strategy to studying PHP?
>
> For instance, is there a way to break everything down into small managable
> topics?
>
> --
> Blessings,
> David M.

I started the way I guess most people did: from a basic book which broke
things up as it saw best. Obviously some books are better than others; I
won't mention any here as there are quite a few threads about good PHP
books.

>From there, I just looked into what I thought I needed to know as I came
across it. It's a bit haphazard, but it did the trick.

Mostly though, I think if you find a good book, that should break things
down well enough that anyone can pick it up and follow along. You don't
have to follow a book linearly though, I found myself often focusing in
more depth into something a book only mentioned briefly because it
either sounded interesting or I needed to know more for a project.

Bit of a ramble there, but maybe it'll help?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk