Re: Basic switch statement

At 12:32 PM -0400 4/14/10, Robert Cummings wrote:
tedd wrote:
My "logic" works the other way -- when presented with a logic problem, I come up with a solution that works the way I think and I always to solve the problem presented. Perhaps my solution isn't as clever nor as cryptic as others, but it's always easier to read and understand.

Maybe you haven't debugged enough "other people" code in your time as a developer... there's a certain knack to weeding out logic failures :)

That could very well be. I don't usually debug other people's code and seldom have clients want me to do so. I usually have clients who present a problem and then I solve it -- thus, all original code.

Several yeas ago, I had one client who had considerable prior work done and I found myself rewriting everything at a cost of many weeks of my non-billable time. I won't be doing that again.

It also helps to use proper indentation and bracing format as illustrated by all my code examples so that you can more easily see where problems lie >:D

Cheers,
Rob.

Ain't that the truth!

We are almost identical in our formatting.

I've found that when I run into someone who has similar ideas as I have, they are usually very intelligent. :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------